Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Dramaqueen...

So here I’m, starting my another out-of-boredom write-up, well…eh without completing the one I was writing before…well I’m not a kind of person who loves to talk a lot about the random things going on in my mind,  I prefer to pen down my untamed sequence of thoughts…

This write-up is about a girl, yes again it’s about a girl…well I would prefer to call her a dramaqueen, because that’s what she is! I knew her since last one year but recently got an opportunity to work with her. The people who have already worked with her tag her with different titles like mad woman, high-headed, arrogant, showoff and what-not. The list is endless. But I’m not a kind of person who judge people based on other’s opinion. I don’t judge people before observing them at least. I like to know the story behind the people or the reason which has made them the way they are…

This started one month back when my boss sent me to help her out. Initially I was very happy, since working with her would keep me away from my boss and his nasty taunts, such a male chauvinist he is! Moreover, going in a big corporate office and working in an entirely different atmosphere, I was pretty sure I would learn a lot of new things.  I was excited!

Things started off really well between us, though she was a little bossy. I won’t say she was arrogant, but yeah I feel like she has some trust issues with people around her, maybe that’s why she likes everything to be cross-checked at least thrice! As the days passed, I realized almost everybody in that office hated her even those people who have never interacted with her even once hated her. I found it very weird. She was the ‘Toofaan’ of the that office, she won’t let you work if you are the one sitting next to her, not because she is talkative but she has a very high pitched voice. Her phone calls make other people bang their heads against their desks.

No matters what people say about her, I have a very different opinion. She is irritating at times, she made me work on the day when I was on leave, screwing up my entire day. She surely knows to keep me on my toes. I agree, she appears cold from outside but somewhere, deep beneath the cold exteriors, there lies her heart, a heart which has the same kind of concern as an elder sister’s heart cares for her younger sister. I think I’m over-doing it a little but the way she showed her concern was actually touching and unexpected. Just narrating a small incidence, one day she made me stay up late in the office, the time I left the office It was already 8:30 pm and it would took me an another hour to reach back home. When you live in a city like New Delhi and travel all alone, safety is undoubtedly a major concern. When I left office I was equally scared and annoyed but luckily I reached home safely. There was no battery left in my phone so I put my phone on the charging and occupied myself with other day-to-day stuff. Being the kind of absent minded person I’m, I completely forgot about my phone, which was on vibration mode. By the time I realized about my phone, it was almost 12 am. I checked my phone and there were 6 missed calls and 4 text messages, leaving me totally panicked. Out of 6 missed calls, 5 calls were from her. All the messages were from her, what she wanted was to just know if I have reached safely or not. I replied almost immediately and apologized for not replying earlier. I was somewhat touched by her concern, it was totally unexpected. Next morning a colleague of mine called me up and told the same phone call story. Well, it was not the first time that I stayed up late in the office but my boss was never bothered to enquire about my safety.   

Though she is a control freak and can be bit annoying at times, but working with her was fun. If she made me work hard, she gave me free time to enjoy as well. I learnt many new things while working with her. One more thing which I need to learn from her is how to grab a seat in the metro during peak hours. Though not related with my main work, but I’m pretty sure that this is going to help me in longer run. Earlier I feel very hesitated in talking to people, but now I’m more confident and open up…I won’t say we bonded really well like best friends  but yeah there is a bond which I can’t explain in words, it’s not totally informal but it is definitely beyond totally professional. At times I feel somewhat hurt by her behavior, for instance she never had lunch with me, she over-reacts at times, either it’s her way or no way but she has been really sweet at times.

And now when I’m back to my office, I miss working with her…I miss her tantrums...her habit of taking unnecessary tension about each and every work assigned to her…her high pitched voice which could pierce anybody’s eardrums…but most importantly  her caring ways. I didn’t find her arrogant, she is just crazy-headed, or maybe she treats different people different ways but she was nice to me, she still is! She is concerned and caring, though she doesn’t show it often. Still somewhere deep in my heart, I wish to know her story, I want to know why people hate her, if she could be nice with me then why does she always covers herself up in her cold exterior…I have many questions but their answers, I don’t think I’ll ever find them….

No comments:

Post a Comment